Football Federation Australia (FFA) is the national governing body for football in Australia. It governs all national teams (including the Caltex Socceroos and Westfield Matildas), the Hyundai A League, Westfield W-League, Foxtel National Youth League, Westfield FFA Cup, National Premier Leagues and also leads state, community and grass roots football.
FFA is currently seeking a Management Accountant to perform the entire accounts receivable process.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Raise all invoices and credit notes as requested by the business and send to clients
- Raise and distribute statements to clients on a monthly basis to manage credit collection
- Monitor and maintain the historical aged trial balance
- Monitor customer accounts for delayed payments and other irregularities
- Maintain invoicing schedules for key partners (sponsorship, broadcast)
- Manage debt collection processes for long outstanding debts
- Reconcile all FFA bank accounts to ensure that all transactions are allocated to the correct accounts
- Build and manage a relationship with customers, handling all queries and correspondence
- Assist with monthly and end of year closing activities as required
- Maintain a filing system for all financial documents, ensuring the confidentiality and security of all financial files
Other Finance Duties
- Managing Accounts Receivable and Accounts Payable relationships with State Federations and A-League Clubs
- Provide excellent stakeholder customer service to the business and strive for continuous improvement
- Other duties as required by the Finance Manager
Knowledge, skills and behaviour required
- Has a great attention to detail
- Excellent relationship building skills
- Commercially astute with an ability to think outside of the box and always striving to improve the way that things are currently done.
- Able to work autonomously and effectively plan and organise time to enable working to tight deadlines.
- Possesses excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Results driven, works well within a team environment and is able to leverage relationships with other FFA departments and clients.
- Enthusiastic with a can-do attitude
- Sound knowledge of the accounts receivable function and reporting process.
- Strong computer literacy, including advanced Microsoft Excel skills and ideally Great Plains General Ledger system knowledge.
FFA People & Culture
FFA’s staff culture is an evolving process of continuous improvement with a consistent passion across the business for growing the game to become Australia’s number 1 sport. FFA’s existing and incoming staff all need to align to the organsiation’s values - People, Collaboration, Integrity, Whole of Game, Unlimited Potential and Excellence. More recently there has been a conscious focus on improving flexibility and work life balance within FFA through the introduction of the FFA People & Work Approach. This allows individuals to develop informal work arrangements to suit their personal situations.
Apply now for this exciting opportunity by sending your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org . Please be specific in the application which role you prefer by outlining in the email subject.
Only candidates selected for the short list will be contacted in relation to this role.