Football Federation Australia (FFA) is the national governing body for football in Australia. It governs all national teams (including the Caltex Socceroos and Westfield Matildas), the Hyundai A League, Westfield W-League, Foxtel National Youth League, Westfield FFA Cup, National Premier Leagues and also leads state, community and grass roots football.
FFA is currently seeking applications for two Analysts in our National Teams Department. One role will be a fixed term contract for 7 months and the other for 12 months.
The purpose of the roles is to manage the Junior National Team Technical Analysis and support other National Team Analysts to ensure that coaches and players are provided with accurate and timely information to facilitate effective decision-making.
- To produce a detailed opposition preview and post-game review.
- Coordinate the filming and analysis of national team performances in training and matchday environments.
- Manage live matchday analysis systems and workflows to provide coaches with in-game, and immediate post-match tactical analysis.
- Monitor and manage talent identification and player monitoring strategies.
- Maintain and ensure full data management of analysis resources.
- Compile regular stocktake and maintenance of analysis hardware.
- Prepare regular reports and liase with FFA departments, Member Federations and HAL/NPL Clubs.
- Assist and support other National Team Analysts.
- Assist and support FFA Coach Education and Technical Department.
- Travel interstate or internationally, when required
- Experience of pre and post-match analysis in a professional sport environment (football preferred).
- Experience of providing live matchday analysis.
- Experience with a variety of video capture, coding, telestration and presentation software (particularly SportsCode, tOG/Paint/Piero, Keynote).
- High level of tactical knowledge.
Desired Skills and Qualifications
- Bachelor or Diploma in Sports Coaching, Sport Science, Performance Analysis, or other related subjects.
- FFA Advanced Coaching Qualification.
- Video capture and coding, both live and pre/post-match (SportsCode).
- Video editing and telestration (tOG/Paint/Piero).
- Organisation and archiving of data/video (Hudl).
- Clear & innovative presentation skills (Keynote/Powerpoint, etc).
- Data collection, analysis & visualisation (Excel/Numbers, Smartabase, Tableu).
- Communication with players and coaches.
- FFA will provide training and support for appropriate candidates to upskill any areas required.
FFA People & Culture
FFA’s staff culture is an evolving process of continuous improvement with a consistent passion across the business for growing the game to become Australia’s number 1 sport. FFA’s existing and incoming staff all need to align to the organsiation’s values - People, Collaboration, Integrity, Whole of Game, Unlimited Potential and Excellence. More recently there has been a conscious focus on improving flexibility and work life balance within FFA through the introduction of the FFA People & Work Approach. This allows individuals to develop informal work arrangements to suit their personal situations.
Apply now for this exciting opportunity by sending your resume to email@example.com . Please be specific in the email title of the role you are applying for.