Football Federation Australia (FFA) is the national governing body for football in Australia. It governs all national teams (including the Caltex Socceroos and Westfield Matildas), the Hyundai A League, Westfield W-League, Foxtel National Youth League, Westfield FFA Cup, National Premier Leagues and also leads state, community and grass roots football.
FFA is currently seeking applications for an Executive – Commercial Development in our Commercial department. The Commercial department looks after bringing on and account managing FFA sponsors/partners, licensing & merchandise, venue media, partnership hospitality and broadcast partners.
Purpose for the Role
The Commercial Development Executive is responsible for supporting the development and management of FFA's commercialisation strategy across sponsorship, digital, broadcast, travel, tourism, hospitality and new revenue areas under the direction of GM – Commercial Development. The role requires the identification of new partner leads, development of appropriate sales collateral, and closing new deals. The role also includes ownership and operation of day-to-day sales processes, inclusive of inventory management, pipeline tracking/reporting, and forecasting through a suitable CRM (Customer Relationship Management) system
Keys Areas of Responsibility
- Plan, manage and support achievement of new business revenue targets
- Provide expertise, sharing and experience to the entire Commercial Partnerships Team, wider FFA head office personnel on how best to commercially navigate outcomes and opportunities that benefit our partners, the football family and Australian football fans for future growth and promotion of our game
- Manage and support the Commercial department’s new business planning & reporting process whilst implementing functional best practice and continuous improvements
- Together with the GM - Commercial Development, establish and maintain relationships with relevant Hyundai A-League clubs, Westfield W-League clubs, and Member Federations to identify opportunities to work together and grow Australian football
- Achieve annual budgeted new business revenue targets (focus on travel and corporate hospitality programs)
- Implement, own, and operate a day-to-day sales processes, inclusive of inventory management, pipeline tracking/reporting, and forecasting through a suitable CRM (Customer Relationship Management) system
- Develop appropriate sales collateral which reflects the value of football to potential commercial partners
- Pitch and close new partner deals
Knowledge, Skills & Behaviours Required
- Track record and experience in generating new business and negotiating commercial partnerships
- High level of presentation skills and ability to develop market leading presentations
- Experience in managing sales processes, inclusive of inventory management, pipeline reporting, and revenue forecasting
- Strong network of contacts
- Demonstrable understanding of the sports entertainment industry and related industries including broadcast and digital media
FFA People & Culture
FFA’s staff culture is an evolving process of continuous improvement with a consistent passion across the business for growing the game to become Australia’s number 1 sport. FFA’s existing and incoming staff all need to align to the organsiation’s values - People, Collaboration, Integrity, Whole of Game, Unlimited Potential and Excellence. More recently there has been a conscious focus on improving flexibility and work life balance within FFA through the introduction of the FFA People & Work Approach. This allows individuals to develop informal work arrangements to suit their personal situations.
Apply now for this exciting opportunity by sending your resume to email@example.com
Only candidates selected for the short list will be contacted in relation to this role.