Football Federation Australia (FFA) is the national governing body for football in Australia. It governs all national teams (including the Caltex Socceroos and Westfield Matildas), the Hyundai A-League, Westfield W-League, Foxtel Y-League, Westfield FFA Cup, National Premier Leagues and also leads state, community and grass roots football.
FFA has developed a strategy to become technology and knowledge leaders, providing great experiences to the country’s biggest participation base and football’s 7 million fans. This will be achieved with by connecting the digital experience of the football community across all aspects of their engagement and leveraging new technology to support the business.
As a Data Analyst Intern you will be responsible for data analysis across multiple sets of data from Participation & Fan data platforms, meeting business requirements in visualizing data, maintaining integrity and delivering in a timely manner. The position would suit someone required to complete work experience in line with tertiary education or looking to get their foot in the door within the industry. The length of the internship is flexible depending on the situation of the right candidate.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Creation and maintenance of reports using reporting services and data visualisation tools e.g. Tableau
- Work with the data & technical manager to deliver to the business, continuously improving the digital footprint and customer satisfaction.
- Support the ongoing delivery of a range of complex data fulfilment requests.
Knowledge, skills and behaviour required
- Strong technical skills using SQL to extract, manipulate and merge large volumes of customer behavioural or transactional data from a variety of source systems (e.g. Microsoft Dynamic CRM, SQL Server, AWS RDS – Redshift / Aurora, MySQL, Elasticsearch)
- Strong skills in Excel
- Experience working with large volumes of data relating to; customer insights, marketing campaigns, customer reporting, statistical modelling and marketing mix modelling
- Strong attention to detail, prioritization, & process improvement skills.
- In current education to a minimum of degree level in a highly analytical discipline such as - Mathematics, Statistics, Sports / Data Science, Computer Science (preferred not essential)
- Willingness to continually improve, looking for and taking advantage of opportunities to learn new skills and develop strengths
- Strong communication.
FFA People & Culture
FFA’s staff culture is an evolving process of continuous improvement with a consistent passion across the business for growing the game to become Australia’s number 1 sport. FFA’s existing and incoming staff all need to align to the organsiation’s values - People, Collaboration, Integrity, Whole of Game, Unlimited Potential and Excellence. More recently there has been a conscious focus on improving flexibility and work life balance within FFA through the introduction of the FFA People & Work Approach. This allows individuals to develop informal work arrangements to suit their personal situations.
Apply now for this exciting opportunity by sending your resume to email@example.com . Please be specific in the application the role you are applying for by outlining in the email subject.
Only candidates selected for the short list will be contacted in relation to this role.