Football Federation Australia (FFA) is the national governing body for football in Australia. It governs all national teams (including the Caltex Socceroos and Westfield Matildas), the Hyundai A-League, Westfield W-League, Foxtel Y-League, FFA Cup, National Premier Leagues and also leads state, community and grass roots football.
FFA is currently seeking a Director of Referees to lead and deliver best practice refereeing strategies, policies and programs that facilitate delivery of the Leagues (Hyundai A-League, Westfield W-League and the Foxtel Y-League). The key focus areas for the role will be to build an environment for referees that allows them to improve their officiating in line with international standards, competition objectives and importantly finding the right balance between applying the Laws of the Game, facilitating entertaining football and appropriate player management.
The role will be based in the NSW office and is full time and requires weekend work at times throughout the year which will be offset with weekdays to ensure work life balance is maintained.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Set and implement the strategic direction of elite refereeing in Australia.
- Appoint referees to the Leagues.
- Provide performance management and coaching of elite referees.
- Educate and communicate with coaches, media, fans and players on the Laws of the Game.
- Liaise with the Clubs and media on matters relating to referees and their decisions
- Oversee the management, identification and development of the National Talent Pool of referees.
- General management and administration of the elite referee panels
- Manage the Referees Department coaches and staff.
Knowledge, skills and behaviour required
- Thorough understanding of the Laws of the Game and an ability to interpret and apply in the Australian New Zealand sporting environment that facilitates entertaining Football
- Excellent communication skills in a range of environments including those requiring public facing responsibilities.
- Strength of character to maintain perspective and direction
- Experience in managing a diverse group of stakeholders
- An ability to build credibility and trust amongst the elite refereeing group and external stakeholders
- Commercially astute with an ability to innovate for continuous improvement in the way things are done to meet the ever changing environment and needs of Broadcasters and fans.
- Ability to work autonomously and effectively and with a strong attention to detail
- Previous experience as an elite level match official is preferred.
Apply now for this exciting opportunity by sending your resume to email@example.com . Please be specific in the application which role you prefer by outlining in the email subject.
Only candidates selected for the short list will be contacted in relation to this role.