Football Federation Australia (FFA) is the national governing body for football in Australia. It governs all national teams (including the Caltex Socceroos and Westfield Matildas), the Hyundai A League, Westfield W-League, Foxtel National Youth League, Westfield FFA Cup, PlayStation 4 National Premier Leagues and also leads state, community and grass roots football.
FFA is currently seeking applications for a Football Department Coordinator in our Community Football, Football Development and Women’s Football department. This role will assist the Technical Director and Technical staff in the administration, co-ordination and running of events within the Technical Department.
The role will also provide direct support to the Head of Community, Football Development, Women’s Football and National Technical Director whilst also assisting the overall administration across the Community-Technical Team.
Key Areas of Responsibility
Lead on National Technical Events:
- Organise and co-ordination of National Youth Championships (Boys and Girls)
- Organise and co-ordination of the NTC Championships (Girls)
- Attendance at the above events (Sunday – Friday at each tournament)
- Track and provide transparent budget overview for all events
- Liaising with the Member Federations and other parties to organise the above events
Support for Head of Community, Football Development, Women’s Football and National Technical Director:
- Diary management and support
- Organise and provide extensive travel support
- Processing credit card acquittals
- Assisting to setup meetings
- Formatting presentations
- Liaise with AFC to manage travel and meeting documentation
Organising (Member Federation) CEO’s and President Meetings:
- Assist with the organisation of CEO’s and Presidents meetings, including production of agendas, collating and arranging presentations from other departments.
- Organising travel and logistics for Presidents and CEO’s.
- Coordinating attending FFA staff members
Management of Administration Processes across the team:
- Assisting with administration processes and communication across the Community-Technical Team, including credit card acquittals, invoicing, travel approval and team communication etc.
- Coordinate Team Meetings, managing attendees and produce agendas
Knowledge, skills and behavior required
- Excellent Organisation skills
- Event management
- Intermediate level computer skills; PowerPoint, Word, Excel, Outlook
- Strong writing and communication skills
- Ability to work with coaches, players, administrators in football with discretion, good judgement, understanding and diplomacy
- Strong Project Management skills
- An understanding of the correct way to manually lift heavy items & an ability to manually lift heavy items
- A “can do” attitude
- Fantastic customer service skills
- Current drivers licence, with the ability to drive a mini bus
FFA People & Culture
FFA’s staff culture is an evolving process of continuous improvement with a consistent passion across the business for growing the game to become Australia’s number 1 sport. FFA’s existing and incoming staff all need to align to the organsiation’s values - People, Collaboration, Integrity, Whole of Game, Unlimited Potential and Excellence. More recently there has been a conscious focus on improving flexibility and work life balance within FFA through the introduction of the FFA People & Work Approach. This allows individuals to develop informal work arrangements to suit their personal situations.
Apply now for this exciting opportunity by sending your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org . Please be specific in the email title of the role you are applying for.
Only candidates selected for the short list will be contacted in relation to this role.