Senior Web Developer
Football Federation Australia (FFA) is the national governing body for football in Australia. It governs all national teams (including the Caltex Socceroos and Westfield Matildas), the Hyundai A-League, Westfield W-League, Foxtel Y-League, FFA Cup, National Premier Leagues and also leads state, community and grass roots football.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Back-end and front-end development on the new Digital Acquia Cloud Platform.
- Work in an agile DevOps team owning, developing and operating the application services you build.
- Ensure code contributed by the team and third parties is fit for purpose, performant and secure.
- Use analytics to develop and improve technology solutions
- Debug the toughest distributed system production issues
- Work with the technical lead and the digital team to deliver to the product roadmap, continuously
- improving the digital footprint and customer satisfaction.
- Share your expertise with customers, partners and the open-source community
Knowledge, skills and behaviour required
- 4+ years Full-stack developer with Drupal 7/8 CMS, PHP and advanced front-end skills - HTML, CSS,
- Drupal 8 and PHP 7 desirable
- Automated testing experience – TravisCI, unit tests, system tests
- Writing unit testable code using PHPUnit and integrating with Behat
- Follow SOLID object-orientated best practises
- Interest and experience working with open source technologies, AWS and APIs.
- Experienced in working with websites and applications built on Acquia Cloud
- Passion for websites and website delivery architecture
- Deep, working knowledge of LAMP stack—OS, webserver and database systems (Linux, Apache and
- MySQL preferred)
- Willingness to continually improve, looking for and taking advantage of opportunities to learn new
- skills and develop strengths
- Strong communication.
- Experience working on consumer facing digital products and services to audiences in excess of 1m.
- Agency and client side experience beneficial.
Apply now for this exciting opportunity by sending your resume to email@example.com . Please be specific in the application which role you prefer by outlining in the email subject.
Only candidates selected for the short list will be contacted in relation to this role.