Leagues Marketing & Membership Manager – 12-month contract
Football Federation Australia (FFA) is the national governing body for football in Australia. It governs all national teams (including the Caltex Socceroos and Westfield Matildas), the Hyundai A-League, Westfield W-League, Foxtel Y-League, Westfield FFA Cup, National Premier Leagues and also leads state, community and grass roots football.
FFA is currently seeking a Leagues Marketing & Membership Manager to join the Digital, Marketing & Commercial Department which has been charged with having a major consumer focus. This role will be based in Sydney and will report in to the GM Marketing & Fan Engagement.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Responsible for the day-to-day oversight of the marketing functions for the Hyundai A-League and Westfield W-League
- To assist the GM Marketing and Fan Engagement in managing key agencies, including key advertising, media and market research companies
- To increase Brand Awareness of the Hyundai A-League and Westfield W-League and drive transactional relationships with consumers
- To develop and implement a long-term Membership Strategic Plan for the Hyundai A-League and Westfield W-League
- To assist Clubs with the development and growth of their membership programs in the area of membership sales and marketing
- Improve the existing league wide infrastructure with regards to membership metric reporting and tracking
- To deliver league wide growth in membership sales and increase member retention
- To assist in evolution of CRM program to increase fan engagement across League products
- To oversee the work of the Membership & Fan Engagement Coordinator and Marketing Coordinator
Knowledge, skills and behaviour required
- 5+ years’ experience in a sports related managerial role
- Strong understanding of customer and market dynamics
- Experience in all aspects of developing and maintaining marketing strategies and budgets to meet organisational objectives
- Proven ability to develop, implement and analyse all marketing activities
- Strong experience in digital marketing and communications
- Proactively establish and maintain effective working team relationships both internal and external to FFA
- Clear thinking, calm under pressure and be able to demonstrate conflict resolution skills
- Strong communication (verbal & written) and relationship management skills
- Strong project management disciplines inclusive of the ability to prioritise at peak times
- Understanding of membership marketing and sales practices at a premier sports club or league
- Understanding of key areas such as database management and development, rolling payment plans, new member sales, membership renewal strategies, and loyalty programs
- Ability to develop, communicate and maintain sales and retention reporting structures
- Strong attention to detail, high standards of integrity, ability to represent FFA interests
FFA People & Culture
FFA’s staff culture is an evolving process of continuous improvement with a consistent passion across the business for growing the game to become Australia’s number 1 sport. FFA’s existing and incoming staff all need to align to the organsiation’s values - People, Collaboration, Integrity, Whole of Game, Unlimited Potential and Excellence. More recently there has been a conscious focus on improving flexibility and work life balance within FFA through the introduction of the FFA People & Work Approach. This allows individuals to develop informal work arrangements to suit their personal situations.
Apply now for this exciting opportunity by sending your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org . Please be specific in the application the role you are applying for by outlining in the email subject.
Only candidates selected for the short list will be contacted in relation to this role.