Football Federation Australia (FFA) is the national governing body for football in Australia. It governs all national teams (including the Caltex Socceroos and Westfield Matildas), the Hyundai A-League, Westfield W-League, Foxtel Y-League, FFA Cup, National Premier Leagues and also leads state, community and grass roots football.
FFA is currently seeking a Management Accountant provide assistance to the Finance Team to enable the department to achieve accurate and timely financial reporting.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Manage the month end reporting process including the processing of month end journals, reviewing the balance sheet and P&L, preparation of critical analysis and commentary of the accounts and liaising with budget holders.
- Responsibility for circulating monthly management accounts and ensuring understanding of performance within the business
- Preparation of specific balance sheet reconciliations.
- Assisting with the maintenance and management of FFA’s cash flow model, including ensuring that the model is kept up to date and accurate.
- Reviewing detailed invoices from the travel provider, ensuring that the expenses have been incurred and coding them to the correct cost centre and period to which they relate.
- Assisting with year end, the annual audit and grant acquittal information collation.
- Assisting with the annual budget process and monthly reforecasting
- Assistance with preparation of financial reporting to the Board and Finance sub-committee
- Other duties as required by the Financial Controller.
Knowledge, skills and behaviour required
- Accounting degree and ideally will have commenced CA/CPA
- Commercially astute with an ability to think outside of the box and always striving to improve the way that things are currently done
- Strong computer literacy, including advanced Microsoft Excel skills and ideally Great Plains General Ledger system knowledge
- Is able to work autonomously and effectively plan and organise time to enable working to tight deadlines
- Has a strong attention to detail
- Possesses excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Is results driven, works well within a team environment and is able to leverage relationships with all stakeholders
- Is enthusiastic with a can do attitude and a real desire to learn and advance your career
FFA People & Culture
FFA’s staff culture is an evolving process of continuous improvement with a consistent passion across the business for growing the game to become Australia’s number 1 sport. FFA’s existing and incoming staff all need to align to the organsiation’s values - People, Collaboration, Integrity, Whole of Game, Unlimited Potential and Excellence. More recently there has been a conscious focus on improving flexibility and work life balance within FFA through the introduction of the FFA People & Work Approach. This allows individuals to develop informal work arrangements to suit their personal situations.
Apply now for this exciting opportunity by sending your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org . Please be specific in the application which role you prefer by outlining in the email subject.
Only candidates selected for the short list will be contacted in relation to this role.