Football Federation Australia (FFA) is the national governing body for football in Australia. It governs all national teams (including the Caltex Socceroos and Westfield Matildas), the Hyundai A-League, Westfield W-League, Foxtel Y-League, Westfield FFA Cup, National Premier Leagues and also leads state, community and grass roots football.
FFA is currently seeking a Marketing Executive to join the Digital, Marketing & Commercial Department who will be responsible for assisting the Marketing Manager in the development, implementation and analysis of FFA’s marketing strategies across the Caltex Socceroos, Westfield Matildas, ALDI MiniRoos, FFA Cup, and community football.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Assist with the preparation of annual marketing plans; incorporating background analysis, brand strategy rationale and clear action plans and financial analysis, for each significant brand to deliver strong, unique and secure positioning
- Assist with the coordination of key advertising and media agencies to execute plans, creative direction and communication along with monitoring the delivery and results of these activities
- Assist with marketing and fan engagement activities on match days
- Coordinate the integration of marketing activities with media, public relations and the digital content teams
- Analyse and report on all significant marketing activity, and provide recommendations for improvement both within the Marketing department and the wider business
- Coordinate competitor reporting; establishing KPI’s, analysing results and maintaining an up to date database on nominated brands
- Work closely with Commercial Account Managers to assist with achieving FFA partner goals
- Work closely with the Creative Manager and graphic designers to develop marketing collateral
- Develop relationships with A-League and W-League Clubs, and Member Federations to achieve marketing strategies across all products
- Project manage various campaigns and activations across multiple products
- Other activities and projects as required
Knowledge, skills and behaviour required
- 3-4 years’ experience in a sport related or marketing position
- Marketing or related tertiary qualifications is highly desirable
- Experience in developing tactical plans to achieve sales targets
- Understanding of customer and market dynamics and requirements
- Understanding of match day experience and sports presentation
- Display initiative and ability to work unsupervised
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Advanced personal and communication skills, including stakeholder management
- Proactively establish and maintain effective working team relationships which support all departments
FFA People & Culture
FFA’s staff culture is an evolving process of continuous improvement with a consistent passion across the business for growing the game to become Australia’s number 1 sport. FFA’s existing and incoming staff all need to align to the organsiation’s values - People, Collaboration, Integrity, Whole of Game, Unlimited Potential and Excellence. More recently there has been a conscious focus on improving flexibility and work life balance within FFA through the introduction of the FFA People & Work Approach. This allows individuals to develop informal work arrangements to suit their personal situations.
Apply now for this exciting opportunity by sending your resume to email@example.com . Please be specific in the application the role you are applying for by outlining in the email subject.
Only candidates selected for the short list will be contacted in relation to this role.