Football Federation Australia (FFA) is the national governing body for football in Australia. It governs all national teams (including the Caltex Socceroos and Westfield Matildas), the Hyundai A League, Westfield W-League, Foxtel National Youth League, Westfield FFA Cup, PlayStation 4 National Premier Leagues and also leads state, community and grass roots football.
FFA is currently seeking a Member Services Officer to join its Sydney team. This position is part of FFA’s Community, Football Development & Women’s Football Department. The Member Services Officers provides national leadership and supports Member Federations in their capacity to service and support local football clubs, ensuring their long-term health and sustainability.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Oversee the management and administration of the National Club Development Program;
- Work with Member Federations and other key stakeholders to develop, implement and deliver a variety of digital resources and training programs which aim to support the function of community club administrators and raise standards among the local club network;
- Work with Member Federations to update the Club Development Framework regularly;
- Support Member Federations to assess club health and develop capacity within local clubs;
- Maintain a professional working relationship with the software provider, ensuring regular maintenance is conduct for optimal performance;
- Assist Member Federations to establish links between community clubs and relevant services providers;
- Work with FFA Departments and stakeholders to help build awareness and value of the program;
- Raise awareness of FFA community football polices;
- Maintain regular communication with Member Federations;
- Oversee the overall budget for community club development;
- Prepare reports for FFA senior managers and stakeholders as required;
- Keep up to date with market trends and continue to enhance the program to meet the evolving needs of local club administrators;
- Administration of International Friendlies involving Member Federation clubs;
- Promote inclusive practice and ensure any programs implemented include the needs of all segments of the football community – Juniors, Men’s, Women’s, Culturally and Linguistically Diverse (CALD), Indigenous and people with disabilities;
- Assist with other tasks as directed by the General Manager – Game Development
Knowledge, skills and behaviour required
- Completed tertiary qualifications in sport management/administration or a related area of study;
- Minimum 3 years project management or administration experience;
- A current or previous committee member of a local football or sporting club;
- Demonstrated administration skills with an ability to develop work plans, prioritise work commitments, meet deadlines and manage time effectively;
- Sound interpersonal skills with an ability to collaborate with and manage stakeholder relationships;
- Excellent communication skills (both verbal and written) and a customer focus;
- Creative problem solving and conflict resolution skills;
- Advanced IT skills, including the use of MS suite;
- Genuine passion and desire to grow Football in Australia;
- A team player that enjoys working with a variety of personalities;
- Understanding of club development issues and challenges.
FFA People & Culture
FFA’s staff culture is an evolving process of continuous improvement with a consistent passion across the business for growing the game to become Australia’s number 1 sport. FFA’s existing and incoming staff all need to align to the organsiation’s values - People, Collaboration, Integrity, Whole of Game, Unlimited Potential and Excellence. More recently there has been a conscious focus on improving flexibility and work life balance within FFA through the introduction of the FFA People & Work Approach. This allows individuals to develop informal work arrangements to suit their personal situations.
Apply now for this exciting opportunity by sending your resume to email@example.com . Please be specific in the email title of the role you are applying for.
Only candidates selected for the short list will be contacted in relation to this role.