Football Federation Australia (FFA) is the national governing body for football in Australia. It governs all national teams (including the Caltex Socceroos and Westfield Matildas), the Hyundai A-League, Westfield W-League, Foxtel Y-League, FFA Cup, National Premier Leagues and also leads state, community and grass roots football.
FFA is currently seeking a National ALDI MiniRoos Manager to join the participation department. FFA works in partnership with its stakeholders to ensure the best quality experiences for all participants. This position will be responsible for the management and administration of ALDI MiniRoos – FFA’s flagship introduction to football for boys and girls aged 4–11.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Broader management and administration of ALDI MiniRoos;
- Management, training & resourcing the ALDI MiniRoos Development Officer (MDO) taskforce and relationships between MDO’s and the broader football family;
- Development and implementation of national ALDI MiniRoos strategic plans
- Development and implementation of national ALDI MiniRoos resources and training material;
- Oversee ALDI MiniRoos marketing & communication plan;
- Manage relationships with external partners and suppliers;
- Manage the implementation of ALDI MiniRoos activations for FFA events;
- Represent the FFA at community forums & events;
Knowledge, skills and behaviour required
- A minimum 4 years’ experience in a fulltime sports administration position;
- Completed tertiary qualifications in sport management/administration or a related area of study;
- Demonstrative experience in project management and implementation. Management of community sport projects highly desirable;
- A team player with experience leading a team;
- Experience in an administration role and advanced skills in the use of Microsoft Office software;
- Sound interpersonal skills with an ability to manage relationships and negotiate terms;
- Excellent communication skills – both verbal and written;
- Understanding of marketing principles and their application;
- Demonstrated experience working/volunteering within schools or sporting clubs/organisations;
- High attention to detail and a proven ability to prioritise work commitments and meet deadlines;
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team;
- Proven ability and desire to develop the game of football, including women’s football.
Knowledge, skills and behavior desired
- Previous experience working with CALD communities
FFA People & Culture
FFA’s staff culture is an evolving process of continuous improvement with a consistent passion across the business for growing the game to become Australia’s number 1 sport. FFA’s existing and incoming staff all need to align to the organsiation’s values - People, Collaboration, Integrity, Whole of Game, Unlimited Potential and Excellence. More recently there has been a conscious focus on improving flexibility and work life balance within FFA through the introduction of the FFA People & Work Approach. This allows individuals to develop informal work arrangements to suit their personal situations.
Apply now for this exciting opportunity by sending your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org . Please be specific in the email title of the role you are applying for.
Only candidates selected for the short list will be contacted in relation to this role.