Football Federation Australia (FFA) is the national governing body for football in Australia. It governs all national teams (including the Caltex Socceroos and Westfield Matildas), the Hyundai A-League, Westfield W-League, Foxtel Y-League, FFA Cup, National Premier Leagues and also leads state, community and grass roots football.
This role reports to the General Manager, Participation and Women’s and is responsible for overseeing the development and implementation of national projects for the Football Development Department. Working closely with FFA’s government relations team and State Federation staff, the Manager will lead and deliver the National Walking Football Program, National Facilities Strategy and manage FFA’s involvement in the John Moriarty Football Program. The position will require high level knowledge and understanding of community football and have exceptional project management skills.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Manage the National Walking Football Program
- Manage the John Moriarty Football Program
- Support the government relations team to develop a National Facilities Strategy
- Educate, train and support State Walking Football Workforce
- Evaluation and reporting for government funded programs
- Manage relationships with external partners and suppliers
- Represent FFA at community forums & events
- Support the Football Development team with additional administrative duties
Knowledge, skills and behaviour required
- A minimum 5 years’ experience in a fulltime sports administration position;
- Completed tertiary qualifications in sport management/administration or a related area of study;
- Excellent communication skills – both verbal and written;
- Demonstrative experience in project management and implementation. Management of community sport projects highly desirable;
- Experience in an administration role and advanced skills in the use of Microsoft Office software;
- Sound interpersonal skills with an ability to manage relationships and negotiate terms;
- High attention to detail and a proven ability to prioritise work commitments and meet deadlines;
- A team player with experience leading a team;
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team;
FFA People & Culture
FFA’s staff culture is an evolving process of continuous improvement with a consistent passion across the business for growing the game to become Australia’s number 1 sport. FFA’s existing and incoming staff all need to align to the organsiation’s values - People, Collaboration, Integrity, Whole of Game, Unlimited Potential and Excellence. More recently there has been a conscious focus on improving flexibility and work life balance within FFA through the introduction of the FFA People & Work Approach. This allows individuals to develop informal work arrangements to suit their personal situations.
Apply now for this exciting opportunity by sending your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org . Please be specific in the email title of the role you are applying for.
Only candidates selected for the short list will be contacted in relation to this role.