The Football Federation Australia (FFA) Girls NTC Challenge 2018 will be held next week 28th May- 01st June 2018 at the Australian Institute of Sport (AIS) in Canberra.
This event will see 136 of the most talented U17 female footballers represent their respective Member Federations against their peers from around the country.
The FFA Technical Study Group(TSG), which includes Gary Van Egmond (Future Matildas and Young Matildas Head Coach) and Rae Dower (Junior Matildas Head Coach), will also be in attendance to assess and identify future Westfield W-League and Westfield Matildas players.
An overview of FFA’s Girls NTC Challenge program next week:
- Monday and Tuesday all Member Federations’ representative teams will play 3 games over the 2 days.
- Wednesday will be a day of recovery with the players, the Member Federations Technical Directors and coaches attending presentations, workshops and clinics.
- Thursday there will be a play-off round between the 2 groups.
- On Friday players will compete in mixed teams, composed on basis of TSG–evaluations.
- At the end of the event, a final presentation ceremony will recognise the most talented players per Member Federation.