Football Federation Australia (FFA) is the national governing body for football in Australia. It governs all national teams (including the Caltex Socceroos and Westfield Matildas), the Hyundai A-League, Westfield W-League, Foxtel Y-League, FFA Cup, National Premier Leagues and also leads state, community and grass roots football.
The National Participant Engagement Coordinator is responsible for the administration and operational tasks that underpin the growth in Schools participation and conversion of participants into fans. Working in FFA’s participation team, the role will be focused on providing operational support to Hyundai A-League, Westfield W-League Clubs and Member Federation’s participation staff to achieve fan engagement and participation objectives in schools. This position requires strong attention to detail and diligent planning to execute priorities within the participant lifecycle framework and introduce and retain more participants in Football.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Work with FFA’s National Junior Participation Manager to drive participation and fan objectives in schools
- Coordinate and deliver logistical support related to sporting school programs, including sporting schools online booking system, school equipment orders and distribution of relevant school resources
- Provide operational support to Hyundai A-League and Westfield W-League Clubs (HAL and WWL) and Member Federations to ensure best practice and consistent Schools program delivery
- Engage with Teachers and the education sector to implement an Ambassador Program and innovative education resource
- Support the execution of Football’s School programs and products
- Execute operations and tactical initiatives to convert more participants into fans of the HAL and WWL
- Support HAL and WWL Clubs to develop and implement Community Engagement plans that help drive key strategic priorities
- Execute priorities within the National participant lifecycle framework to transition junior participants into ALDI MiniRoos
Knowledge, skills and behaviour required
- A minimum 2 years’ experience in a fulltime sports administration position;
- Completed tertiary qualifications in sport management/administration or a related area of study
- Knowledge and understanding of the Australian School sector
- Excellent communication skills – both verbal and written
- Experience in an administration role and advanced skills in the use of Microsoft Office software
- Sound interpersonal skills with an ability to manage relationships and negotiate terms
- High attention to detail and a proven ability to prioritise work commitments and meet deadlines
- A team player with experience leading a team
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team
FFA People & Culture
FFA’s staff culture is an evolving process of continuous improvement with a consistent passion across the business for growing the game to become Australia’s number 1 sport. FFA’s existing and incoming staff all need to align to the organsiation’s values - People, Collaboration, Integrity, Whole of Game, Unlimited Potential and Excellence. More recently there has been a conscious focus on improving flexibility and work life balance within FFA through the introduction of the FFA People & Work Approach. This allows individuals to develop informal work arrangements to suit their personal situations.
Apply now for this exciting opportunity by sending your resume to email@example.com . Please be specific in the email title of the role you are applying for.
Only candidates selected for the short list will be contacted in relation to this role.