Football Federation Australia (FFA) is the national governing body for football in Australia. It governs all national teams (including the Caltex Socceroos and Westfield Matildas), the Hyundai A-League, Westfield W-League, Foxtel Y-League, Westfield FFA Cup, National Premier Leagues and also leads state, community and grass roots football.
FFA is currently seeking a People & Culture Business Partner to develop, lead and deliver People and Culture strategies, policies, programs and practices that facilitate delivery of FFA’s Strategy and operational plans. The key focus areas for the role include structure, talent management, rewards and recognition and culture.
Despite this role being initially positioned as full time FFA is open to customising flexibility depending on the right candidate and fit within the organisation. This could include but is not limited to part time work, reduced hours and work from home options.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Continuously review and support organisational change when required for structure and workforce planning requirements.
- Develop and oversee the adoption of FFA’s People and Culture strategy by assisting in delivering People and Culture initiatives, frameworks and tools that can be aligned to supporting execution of the organisation's goals and Operational Plans.
- Support managers in the recruitment, selection and training of staff (taking into account the operating environment) to meet agreed business needs.
- Control and coordinate activities such as Human Resources administration, employment relations, salary administration, employment visas, workplace health and safety, induction and activities relating to equal employment opportunities.
- Administer remuneration and benefit programs, advise on competitive conditions and internal remuneration anomalies, and prepare remuneration review information to enable the senior managers to conduct annual reviews effectively and efficiently within budget guidelines, for approval by the CEO & COO.
- Formulate and recommend HR objectives and methods (and in some cases policies) for approval by the COO & Head of Legal, Business Affairs & Integrity (where relevant).
- Ensure all activities comply with relevant HR policies and procedures, together with relevant legislation, legal demands and ethical standards.
- Through a thorough understanding of relevant employment legislation, provide assistance to management and staff with grievances, employee relations, and any other queries that arise from time to time, promoting a fair and compliant workforce.
- Monitor performance management frameworks to ensure they are supporting managers in effectively conducting performance reviews.
- Formalise and implement an internal communications plan that provides all staff with timely, insightful and relevant information to assist with the completion of their roles and enhance their engagement with FFA.
- (Support role) increase awareness and understanding in the areas of LGBTI Inclusion, Gender Equality, Multiculturalism, Child Protection and wider Discrimination. Initially focusing on FFA and then the wider football community.
Knowledge, skills and behaviour required
- A level of skill that reflects 8 years of relevant experience.
- A human resources degree, general business degree or equivalent is desirable.
- Commercially astute with an ability to think outside of the box and always striving to improve the way that things are currently done
- Is able to work autonomously and effectively plan and organise time to enable working to tight deadlines
- Has a strong attention to detail
- Possesses excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Is results driven, works well within a team environment and is able to leverage relationships with all stakeholders
FFA People & Culture
FFA’s staff culture is an evolving process of continuous improvement with a consistent passion across the business for growing the game to become Australia’s number 1 sport. FFA’s existing and incoming staff all need to align to the organsiation’s values - People, Collaboration, Integrity, Whole of Game, Unlimited Potential and Excellence. More recently there has been a conscious focus on improving flexibility and work life balance within FFA through the introduction of the FFA People & Work Approach. This allows individuals to develop informal work arrangements to suit their personal situations.
Apply now for this exciting opportunity by sending your resume to email@example.com . Please be specific in the application which role you prefer by outlining in the email subject.
Only candidates selected for the short list will be contacted in relation to this role.