Football Federation Australia (FFA) is the governing body of football in Australia. The FFA’s strategy focusses on Entertainment (connecting more fans with the Hyundai A-League), Participation (improving the experience for all participants), Winning (building generations of successful national teams) and Leading (Leading football towards a united purpose).
To achieve these goals FFA must become technology and knowledge leaders and has committed to a significant digital transformation program. FFA built and manages the Football Network, a network of websites, web services and apps that supports FFA’s teams, leagues, professional clubs and state Member Federations.
As the Project Manager you will build on this foundation, playing a critical role in support of FFA’s fan engagement, participant experience and corporate objectives.
- Engaging teams from different departments, building a sense of common purpose and managing the task list.
- Ownership of major project timelines.
- Ownership of major project health measures and reporting e.g. issue registers, traffic light reports.
- Implementing and managing the Digital Products & Service team resource schedule to ensure the roadmap is achievable.
- Coordination and management of key vendors on projects.
- Management of procurement processes for new systems and capabilities.
- Contribute to scoping of projects through coordination of product managers, business analysts and your own input on occasion.
- Delivering new community digital services: stakeholder registration, competition management and education tools.
- Transformation of FFA’s core business through management of key projects that build new digital capability across content production/publishing, marketing, league operations and finance.
- Great user experiences that drive engagement, increase satisfaction and unlock the commercial value of football.
- Fan development, converting participants into fans of the Hyundai A-League.
- Drive evolution of FFA’s project management practices acting as a leader for other departments.
Knowledge, skills and behaviour required:
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in digital Project Management, ideally within a client-side environment.
- Experience managing major projects and applying project management best practice.
- Experience with agile methodologies, tools and practices.
- Strong problem solving and analysis ability.
- Comfortable with business stakeholder relationships.
- Ability to engage cross functional departments with a common purpose, exerting influence and motivating individuals.
- Strong communication skills with proven ability to communicate effectively with a range of individuals.
- Sharp and tenacious troubleshooting skills.
- Ability to effectively engage subject matter experts and understand technical topics.
- Ability to meet deadlines, goals and objectives. Strong communication.
FFA People & Culture
FFA’s staff culture is an evolving process of continuous improvement with a consistent passion across the business for growing the game to become Australia’s number 1 sport. FFA’s existing and incoming staff all need to align to the organsiation’s values - People, Collaboration, Integrity, Whole of Game, Unlimited Potential and Excellence. More recently there has been a conscious focus on improving flexibility and work life balance within FFA through the introduction of the FFA People & Work Approach. This allows individuals to develop informal work arrangements to suit their personal situations.
Apply now for this exciting opportunity by sending your resume to email@example.com . Please be specific in the application the role you are applying for by outlining in the email subject.
Only candidates selected for the short list will be contacted in relation to this role.