Football Federation Australia (FFA) is the national governing body for football in Australia. It governs all national teams (including the Caltex Socceroos and Westfield Matildas), the Hyundai A-League, Westfield W-League, Foxtel Y-League, FFA Cup, National Premier Leagues and also leads state, community and grass roots football.
FFA is currently seeking a Senior Financial Accountant Management Accountant assist the FFA finance function in all aspects of accounting and tax reporting, advice, systems and controls to ensure the FFA finances are well managed with documented efficient processes and that FFA complies with statutory requirements.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Maintain and manage FFA’s cash flow model, including ensuring that the model is kept up-to-date and is accurate.
- Oversee the Accounts Receivable and Accounts Payable functions
- Management of statutory balance sheet account reconciliations ensuring that these are kept up-to-date and are accurate.
- Assist with the month end reporting process including the processing of month end journals.
- Manage the preparation of statutory requirements including monthly BAS, payroll tax, workers compensation and annual FBT returns.
- Manage the outsourced payroll function including managing the relationship with the payroll provider, including providing them with details of required payments, the processing of payroll journals and posting the payroll allocation journal into the general ledger system.
- Provide detailed payroll information for budgeting, forecasting and the annual audit process.
- Manage all payroll related balance sheet accounts including the annual leave and long service leave provision accounts.
- Manage FFA’s credit card function including the review of account coding and posting the monthly journal.
- Manage the fixed assets register including posting monthly depreciation journals.
- Other duties as required by the Financial Controller.
Knowledge, skills and behaviour required
- Strong technical accounting knowledge and CA/CPA qualified.
- Experience in management of statutory reporting processes
- Commercially astute with an ability to think outside the box and improve or streamline processes.
- Sound knowledge of month end account procedures and reporting process.
- Sound knowledge of Taxation Legislation particularly around Not-for-Profit Organisations
- Strong computer literacy, including advanced Microsoft Excel skills and ideally Great Plains General Ledger system knowledge.
- Is able to work autonomously and effectively plan and organise time to enable working to tight deadlines.
- Has a great attention to detail.
- Possesses excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Is results driven, works well within a team environment and is able to leverage relationships with other FFA departments and A League clubs.
- Is enthusiastic with a can do attitude.
- Support the development of more junior staff within the finance function.
FFA People & Culture
FFA’s staff culture is an evolving process of continuous improvement with a consistent passion across the business for growing the game to become Australia’s number 1 sport. FFA’s existing and incoming staff all need to align to the organsiation’s values - People, Collaboration, Integrity, Whole of Game, Unlimited Potential and Excellence. More recently there has been a conscious focus on improving flexibility and work life balance within FFA through the introduction of the FFA People & Work Approach. This allows individuals to develop informal work arrangements to suit their personal situations.
Apply now for this exciting opportunity by sending your resume to email@example.com . Please be specific in the application which role you prefer by outlining in the email subject.
Only candidates selected for the short list will be contacted in relation to this role.